The position is based at the PPD Secretariat in Dhaka Bangladesh. Finance Officer is primarily responsible for carrying out day to day tasks of accounting and financial operations and maintenance of books of accounts. FO will be responsible for proper documentation of the accounting and financial documents. S/he will be assisting the supervisor in preparation of the intermediate level of reports and other financial statements. S/he will be involved in the activities towards strengthening the financial management system of the Secretariat under the supervision of the Head of Finance. S/he will also provide support to other units at the Secretariat, with additional administrative, secretarial and management support, as and when required.
Regular Accounting and Financial operations:
- Maintains books of accounts (Journals, Ledgers, Trial Balance and balance Sheet etc.) as per set standards and guidelines.
- Ensures regular accounting data entry in ‘Tally’ software in accordance with standards and polices.
- Prepares all vouchers (payments, receipts, contra and journal) and ensures proper charging and posting of expenses.
- Checks vouchers monthly to ensure proper charging of expenses as per approved budget and make reconciliation.
- Check all receivables and advances on a regular fashion and follow-up with individual accordingly after consultation with the supervisor to adjust the outstanding balances.
- Reconcile bank balances after closing of the month with book balances and ensure duly signed by the supervisor.
- Maintains petty cash and ensure timely payment and adjustment.
- Prepare petty cash statement and submit for the replenishment as and when required.
- Prepare monthly staff overtime statement and process the payment.
- Maintains checkbooks; specifically:
- Prepares checks for payments and dispatch checks to the parties as per instruction of the supervisor
- Keep checkbooks in safe custody.
- Ensures and maintains proper documentation of all original accounting and financial documents (bills/ vouchers/ receipts etc.), statements, periodic reports and related communications.
- Assist Head of Finance to collects and maintains financial manuals/standards from different donors and Foundations to comply with their requirements.
Budgeting and Reporting:
- Assists Head of Finance in preparation of the annual and mid-term budgets of the organization.
- Assists supervisor in preparation of financial reports and periodic analysis as and when required.
- Assist supervisor in preparation asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing accounting information.
- Ensures that all missions related travel advances are processed in a timely manner and passed on to the travelers well ahead of time.
- Ensures that settlement of the travel advances and reimbursement of official expenditures on travel are done in time.
- Assist supervisor to manage the development and implementation of Finance, Department goals, objectives, strategies, policies, and priorities.
- Work with Admin Unit for the preparation of the fiscal year-end fixed assets accounting.
- Work with Admin Unit for the preparation and verification of periodic and annual inventory reports.
- Provides any other assistance to the supervisor as and when required.
- Must have a Masters Degree in Accounting/Finance discipline.
- CA Course completed/ ICMA part qualified will be given preference.
- Minimum of five to seven years of progressive accounting/finance experience including two years with any UN/international organizations/corporate house in the similar position.
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English.
- Computer skills in MS Office and Accounting Software Tally is a must.
Applicants are requested to send their applications to:
Partners in Population and Development (PPD)
IPH Building, Second Floor, Mohakhali
You may also submit your application online to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Application should include a detailed CV, recent colored photograph with a Cover Letter summarizing key competencies providing rationale for being considered for the position.
deadline : 10th January 2013
PPD is an equal opportunity organization.
the best qualified candidates will
be called for interview.