Taicang, China — China Training Center (CTC) organized an International Workshop for the Senior Officials on South-South Co-Operation in Population and Development from 23-27th April 2006 in Taicang Century Hotel, Taicang City, China. The workshop was jointly sponsored by Ministry of Commerce and National Population and Family Planning Commission of the Government of the People’s Republic of China. The workshop centered around six thematic areas as follows:
- China’s Strategies for Population Development
- Partners in Population and Development: The Way Forward
- MDGs and China’s Harmonious Development of Population, Society and Economy
- MDGs and South-South Cooperation
- China’s Reform, Opening-up and Economic Development.
- Scientific View of Development and China’s Practice.
In conjunction with the above-mentioned workshop, two additional side events were organized by CTC in the three different venues in the Taicang city. They were:
- The Conference of the BFA World Pharmaceutical Industry, organized under the chairmanship of H.E. Zhao Baige, Vice-Minister, NPFPC, China, addressed the following thematic areas: i) World Pharmaceutical Development and Global Economic Integration, ii) World Pharmaceutical R&D and Industry Growth and iii) Innovation – Important issue of Pharmaceutical industry R&D.
- The Seminar on “Healthier City, Better Life” was organized under the sponsorship of 2010 World Expo Shanghai on 27th April 2006. Mr. Hanmin Zhou, Deputy Director-General, Bureau of Shanghai World Expo Coordination spoke on the theme of the workshop.
The participants of the workshop were also taken to visit the No 1 Hospital for Maternity and Child Health.
The workshop officially ended through a closing ceremony on 27th April by H.E. Dr Zhao Baige, Vice-Minister, National Population and Family Planning Commission (NPFPC), Government of the People’s Republic of China.