Signing of MoU between PPD and UNFPA on Promoting South South Cooperation to achieving SDGs. Congratulations Dr. Natalia Kanem, Executive Director of UNFPA and Dr. Hu Hongtao, Acting Executive Director of PPD. It is a great opportunity for both the organizations to work together for addressing unfinished ICPD agendas and SDGs. UNFPA and PPD committed to work together for protecting RH rights and to ensure universal access to sexual and reproductive health and rights.
This singing of the MoU will deepen the partnership between PPD and UNFPA to implement the Beijing Call for Action-the outcome of Ministerial Strategic Dialogue on South-South Cooperation for Population and Development. The Ministerial Strategic Dialogue jointly organized by National Health and Family Planning Commission of the People’s Republic of China (NHFPC), the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), and the Partners in Population and Development (PPD), held in Beijing, China on 18 March 2016. The Six actions are as follows:
- Establish an International Forum on South-South Cooperation in Population and Development
- Set up a Coordinating Committee for South-South Cooperation in Population and Development as a mechanism to identify and coordinate support to concrete South-South Cooperation programs focused on responding to country needs, and particularly on matching needs for, and offers of South-South Cooperation
- Strengthen partnerships for South-South Cooperation in population and development, sexual and reproductive health and reproductive rights and gender equality
- Enhance efforts to accelerate reproductive health commodity security in developing countries
- Strengthen human resource development in population dynamics and sexual and reproductive health
- Establish the “Population and Development South-South Cooperation Center of Excellence”