22nd March, 2015, PPD Secretariat:
Honourable Dr. Li Bin, the Chair of PPD, and the Minister for National Health and Family Planning Commission, the Government of the People’s Republic of China is hosting the 26th Executive Committee meeting of PPD in Beijing, China from 26-27 March 2015 in Beijing.
H.E. Mr. JP Nadda, Vice Chair of PPD and the Honorable Minister, Union Minister of Health and Family welfare, Government of India has confirmed his attendance at this meeting.
Ms. Nana Taona Kuo from the Executive Office of the UN Secretary-General is also expected to present and talk about the every women and Every Child Campaign: Global Strategy for Women’s, Children’s, and Adolescents’ Health, 2016- 2030.
The Executive Committee of PPD meets biannually to review and approve the Annual Work Plan. This time the meeting is expected to discuss and approve its ambitions 5-years strategic plan (2015-2019). It is expected that the upcoming 5-years strategic plan would strengthen the capacity of PPD to address the challenges of Sustainable Development Goals. The strategy will guide PPD to become a more interactive global south leader to deal with the population challenges and to ensure the Sexual Reproductive Health Rights of the 59% of the world population.
The two days long meeting is awaited to finalize the theme of the Next PPD Inter-ministerial Conference that would be held in Dhaka, Bangladesh in November 2015. The meeting is also planning to review and approve the TOR for development of Charter and Rules of Procedure for PPD.
The EXCOM will be discussing about the possibility of a Joint Statement by the PPD Member States at the high level UN General Assembly meet on Sustainable Development Goals (SGD) in September.
The following members of the Executive Committee are expected to attend the meeting
- H.E. Dr. Li Bin, Chair, PPD Board, and Honorable Minister, National Health and Family Planning Commission, Government of the People’s Republic of China
- H.E. Mr. Jagat Prakash Nadda, Vice Chair, PPD Board, and Honorable Minister, Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India
- H.E. Ms. Bathabile Dlamini, Secretary, PPD Board, and Honorable Minister of Social Development, Government of the Republic of South Africa
- Dr. Ridha Gataa, Treasurer, PPD Board, and President Director General, National Board of Family and Population, Ministry of Public Health, Government of Tunisia
- H.E. Mr. Zahid Maleque, Honorable State Minister, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh
- H.E. Dr. David Parirenyatwa, Member, PPD Board and Executive Committee, Honorable Minister, Ministry of Health and Child Care , Government of Zimbabwe
- H.E. Prof. Dorothy Kinde-Gazard, Member, PPD Board and Executive Committee, and Honorable Minister, Ministry of Health, Government of the Republic of Benin
- Ms. Patricia Chemor, Member, PPD Board and Executive Committee, Secretary-General, National Population Council, Government of Mexico
- Dr. Joe Thomas, Executive Director, Partners in Population and Development.
For details please contact; Masuma Billah <email@example.com>
For more information please visit http://www.partners-popdev.org/upcoming-event/26th-executive-committee-meeting-of-ppd/